Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Core of my Creative Soul



I'm a storyteller. Period. 

Every endeavor I took stemmed from that desire. I can't narrate how I came to this realization, but I can  plot what I do feel.




The very reason I was into videogames-Japanese RPGs in particular, was because I wanted to be immersed in the stories. Good vs. Evil. Hope vs. Despair. Friendship and betrayal. Yes, I've played dozens of games. I've lived different lives as JRPG protagonists. Although I no longer play these games, the lessons I've learned, the characters I've met and played, the music I've heard.... all these are etched in the fiber of my being. Because I immersed myself in the stories.

The reason why I could read Edith Hamilton's Mythology, a 200-300 page book without colorful pictures, was because I wanted to be immersed in stories.

The reason why I was obsessed with comics, manga, and anime, was because I wanted to be entertained with the stories.

No wonder I wanted to create my own Visual novels, webcomics, rpgs... I loved stories and I wanted to to tell a story.

At the core of my soul, at the core of my creativity is a burning desire to tell a story.

And that's it.

Everything stems from that.

Make a game? Cool, Let me think of a story.

Webcomic? Cool! Let me think of a story.

Visual Novel? Cool! Let me think of a story.

Illustration? Cool! Let me think of what story it's trying to tell.

Story.

My God.

It took me 2 decades to realize this.

Everything I do in my life is to tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...