Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Friday, July 15, 2016

It has always been "Arthy"

I was doing the exercises for the Braver Goals Roadmap today (on July 12, 2016).
There was one exercise that required us to.. oh, due to the terms and conditions, I can't really share what the exercise was.

But my answer was surprising.

I wanted to write Sarasa, but my heart and soul made a different decision:


"It's Arthemis! It will always be Arthy!"

Back in 2002-2006, I still playing Squaresoft's Legend of Mana for the PSOne. You could randomly generate names for the protagonists, and mind you, I LOVED the names that game generated.

...and you guessed it right, "Arthemis" was one of the names that popped out from that random name generator.

The name then became my persona in the internet world. My deviantart account was arthemis-pink. Even my email address (former) was Arthemis Pink. Heck, I would even respond if someone called the name "Arthy" out loud. Adrian, yeah, he called me Arthy too. You could say I was "Arthy" for almost a decade!

Arthemis was born from a period where I was very much active in the creative scene. The period were I was always optimistic about art, jrpgs, and game development. It was a period where I was full of self-confidence.

I think those qualities went out of the window (LOL) for quite some time, but when I did the exercises....I was pleasantly surprised to feel "It's always Arthy!"

Some things, some dreams, some identities.... they will always be the same .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...