Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

4 tips on geting your job done

I was so damn tired on the night of July 24.

My head was throbbing. I wanted to do my homework. But I felt as dead as a horse. It was 8 PM.

The best course of action was to sleep and wake up at 4 AM.

Could I do it?

Nowadays, I wake up 6 AM. Often times, I panic because I have to eat and dress quickly.

Only that I'm not. Instead of quickly doing my stuff, I do them leisurely. As if I have a lot of time in my hands.

And the habit spilled over to other aspects in my life.

I used to be very punctual. Now I'm not. 

I used to be the type of person who would panic when I was not present 30 minutes to one hour before the agreed schedule. Now I'm not.

There are pros and cons when you learn to loosen yourself from such a rigid mentality. But that's my problem to deal with. Everything has pros and cons.

Surprisingly, I woke up at 4 AM, thanks to my alarm clock in the tune of Grandia's Sea Cat Restaurant Lily.  

It's the perfect tune to jump start my day. Not to heart-wrecking.  Sweet and energetic.

Before I went to sleep on the 24, I wrote on my evening pages and agreed that once I woke up, I would immediately make my bed, prep my clothes and bags, put my grocery in its storage and return my freshly pressed clothes to my drawers.

I did those in 15 minutes with ease. (yay!)

Here are some hidden games I uncovered (Sarah Blakely influence)

1. I get the job when I don't color with a negative perception. I was plain neutral about the job and attacked my tasks without thinking how much of a chore it would be, or how painful it would be. I just did it.

2. Mornings work best for doing my personal projects. One reason I'm unhappy at work could be because of my backlog of personal projects I didn't act on. I'm guilty that I work on personal projects at work (sometimes!). But by prioritizing my personal stuff in the morning, I don't get to think about it during my work hours. I now have free space to focus about work-related stuff during work hours.

3. A dipper filled with water  in my room is magic. One reason I'm always tempted to go to sleep was my eyes were still sticky. The bathroom was far far away from my room.... and there was my hungry cat that I do not want to deal with. It's next thing I do after I make my bed.

4. Blocking my bed works as well. Another reason I'm tempted to sleep is my inviting bed. Solution solved. I simply laid down my clothes and bags there. Now I have no reason to lie on it.

I don't know if these tips will work for anyone, but to people who have problems and want to get the job done, please feel free to try our my tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...