Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, July 7, 2016

The entrepreneurial spirit

I never saw myself as a person who could sell.

Until I sold biscuits, coffee, and sweets at my office.

I was the shy type. I had difficulty in asking people to "buy my stuff". But one day, I told my officemates I was selling food.

I knew I had competition, yet I persisted.

My capital has quadrupled in 2 years now. The growth is sluggish because I'm selling small stuff. I understand. To catch bigger fish, one must use a bigger bait.

If I could go back in time, I wish someome had nurtured the entrepreneurial spirit in me. My father was a businessman, but he died before I could learn from his trade. My mother is a government employee who admits she has no knack for running a business.

I too, am a government employee, yet the burning desire to have my own business grows each day.

The only sensible thing I can do is to nurture it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...