Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Listen to your accountability partners

I've given shared my power with three important people in my life to reach my goals. 

My Mom.

My gym instructor. 

Nyu nyu. 

Today, on July 19 2016, Nyu Nyu made a comment to me that felt like a bucket of cold water was thrown at me. 

"Learn to be sensitive!"

We had agreed that I would come to her table and have lunch. I usually have lunch around 11:30 AM. It was around 11:45 AM when I visited her table and laid out my lunch box. 

Nyu nyu was still working on her report when she glanced at me, all prepped up and ready to it. 

With disbelief, she looked at me. "You're hungry? You're not sensitive. You gotta learn to be sensitive!" And off Nyu nyu went to the canteen to get her lunch. 

I sat there, stupefied. 

Wait, what did I just here?

I felt a bucket of cold water is doused at me. I began to rationalize. I began to reason out in my head. 

Then the answer became clear. 

A couple of days ago, I made a list of people whom I would trust and ask fro support to reach my goals. 

Nyu Nyu was one of them. I asked for her honesty and support. And she gave me her honesty, which I'm grateful. 

There's a reason why I prefer to eat alone. I get to do what I please to do. But it's a different matter when I share a table with people. Suddenly, it's not all about me. It's about us. Sometimes, it irks me. Because I'm not used to it. But... it's part of socialization. 

I'm actually grateful for Nyu Nyu's comment! 

The power of having an accountability partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...