Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Binging on Telemundo's Santa Diabla

Last weekend, I binged on reading Caray Caray recaps from Telemundo's show, Santa Diabla.

I was listening to an old Jencarlos Canela song titled, "Tu Veneno", which is in my playlist since 2012. So how did I discover this song? Years ago, "El Cuerpo Del Deseo" was shown in one of our local channels.

Image result for el cuerpo del deseo
Source: Wikipedia.
Man, I was still a college freshman when this was shown in 2008! the memories it brings!
I didn't like the ending myself. Hero does. Anti-heroine dies.
They died in a good way too. 

Jencarlos starred in a telemundo-produced show calles "Mas Sabe El Diablo" way back 2009-2010. He was partnered with Gaby Espino, 10 years his senior. Nevertheless, they had chemistry! This is the video I'm talking about. Lovely couple aren't they?

Image result for mas sabe el diablo
source: wikipedia
I just saw some clips from youtube.

.....yet they broke up in 2014 :(

Anyways, I was looking over Gaby Espino's filmography, clicked Santa Diabla, read its plot, and scourged youtube for clips.

Image result for santa diabla
source: yes, it's wikipedia again!
I like the lay-out of this poster!
Santa (Gaby Espino) wants to avenge the murder of her husband.
She plots to destroy Humberto (Carlos Ponce, the one on the right side of the poster).
Things were supposed to go according to plan, until she meets Santiago (the dude she's clinging to on the poster).
The same dude happens to be the brother of the one she's going to destroy.
Strangely, I didn't like the Santa/Santi pairing. No chemistry!
One of the vids I saw was "Humberto y Santa", and I was intrigued!

Because I couldn't understand spanish except for some words, I went over to my good ol' favorite site for telenovela recaps, "Caray caray!".

Within four hours, I devoured everything I could about the show. It was painful to scroll all through 200 comments!

Finally contented, I switched off my phone and ruminated over the story: it was similar to another telemundo show titled "Flor Salvaje".

Image result for flor salvaje
source: latinoparaiso.ru

Except that Flor Salvaje was much more satisfying to watch, and the heroine of that show (the late Monica Spear) had amazing chemistry with the anti-hero/villain of the story.

Image result for flor salvaje y rafael
source: www. pinterest
So this dude killed her first love interest out of jealousy.
She plots revenge and tries to make him fall for her so she can ruin him.
The plan is almost perfect.....except that the heroine falls in love for the monster

Both telenovelas ended tragically: the heroine's part dies without knowing they were to be expectant fathers.

yet Flor's ending was much more satisfying. You could see that Flor was able to raise her son well... whereas Santa Diabla....

Well, her man's is dead, and the person who killed her man is on the loose, prowling about her.

At least Flor had a much more decent ending!

Revenge was one of the core themes of both story.

What I liked about how Santa Diabla is how they portrayed it: Nobody wins.

It was good that I binged on those recaps.

My "creative well" is going through a drought, and I need to infuse myself with much ideas as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...