Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Harem Pants taught me a thing about being an entrepreneur

A missed opportunity. 

I walked to my former unit to say hi to my officemates when their eyes lit with glee. 

"Oh my gosh! I like your pants! It's so beautiful! Where did you buy them?"

I looked at them with amazement. It was the first time I was a recipient of their adoration. Not, screw that. It was the first time that I wore something that they wanted to purchase. I wore a smooth and comfortable harem pants (for the lack of better term).

"South Korea" I replied shyly. 

They look at me, dismayed. "Why didn't you buy and sell some clothes?"

I sheepishly grin at one of them. "Don't worry, I'll buy another one when I return to Korea."

It was a funny conversation. 

I learned something too. 

I'm not fashionable... I have yet to develop my refined fashion taste. I'm not that into clothes. I've been to places, and I have never bothered to purchase clothes, nor even sell them. 

Selling clothes, was a my big fat boss battle. 

It was something I could never imagine myself doing. 

But today's incident taught me differently. 

I'm ignorant of the fact that women go gaga over clothes. 

I'm ignorant of the possible market I can venture. 

I'm ignorant that some people like what I do not like, while some people don't like what I like. 

Today, I learned something from a missed opportunity. 

And it's an opportunity I'm glad I missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...