Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Writing Mondays: Writing Routines to Keep you Sane

I'm still consistent with my Morning Pages, which has definitely cope with my mood swings.
I recently discovered my anemia has resurfaced. that explains my fatigue despite having eight hours of sleep.

There are three writing routines in my life:

1. Morning Pages. Where I write three pages of long-hand stream of consciousness thoughts. I've written it numerous times in my blog, and I can't emphasize how much it has helped me cope with my day to day activities.

2. 10 ideas a day. I'm not as religious as before, but I make it a point to write 10 ideas before I work. I also write a bunch of ideas when I'm stuck at work or when I'm crafting an essay for an exam.

3. Daily Affirmation. I practiced this for 3 months. I wrote almost 15 affirmations a day, and got tired of it. But lately, I tried to revive this practice again. Instead of 15, I minimized it to five. Limit it to affirmations that matter. Does it work? Well, sort of. And no, I did not magically wake up and found myself a superwoman. For me, affirmations work as a gentle reminder. It's not the ultimate pill to keep me 100% confidence, but it's a pill that helps me to attain that 100%.

There are days when I forget to do them. But I don't panic when I do.
I just brush off the dust and stand.

Writing is one of my coping mechanisms in life, and I can't imagine my day without writing.

If you haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...