Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Creative Thursdays: A corner for creative pursuits.

I used to a be a visual artist.

I wore that label proudly.

But real life got in the way, and I had no choice but to ditch that label.

Do you have any idea how confusing and hurtful it is?

You grow up believing you are going to be a Visual Artist, and one day, it's gone.

Labels aren't inherently bad. I even depend on them to understand myself as an individual.

But to believe and allow your life to revolve around a label... well, that's a different issue.

I'm no longer confining myself to one label.

Visual Artist. Storyteller. Writer. Sketch Hobbyist. Bum. Whatever.

Thursdays are dedicated to posting anything creative endeavor I pursue. It's a day to write about the process. what I learned. What I could improve. Or something that interests me.

Yes, I'm dedicating one day for you.

They say art thrives with constraints.

The more limits you impose, the more creative you can be.

Let's see what I can accomplish.

Will I write crap?

Will I write something that a creative person will find interesting?

Will I write something that never deserves to be read again?

Or Will I just write?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...