Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Work Reflection Fridays: The power of a To-DO List

When you start to work, you begin to research and employ a variety of tools to make you more productive.

I've read a couple of time management hacks, and I've tried a bunch of them... To-Do Lists in particular.

Now, there are a lot of resources online that will tell 10 good reasons to follow a To-Do List, and a hundred reasons why you shouldn't keep one.

My advice?

You're the only one who knows whether or not it'll work.

And the only way you'll know that is to give it a try.

Way back in college, I've employed a pretty simple technique. We were always asked to carry a small jot down notebook.

That little notebook was my bible. My patient's vital signs were kept in that piece of pad, as well the input and output monitoring.

I left college and forgot all about it.

And I got employed.

And I realized the dangers of not writing.

Keeping a To Do List is heaven if you're forgetful. It will keep you from forgetting the important stuff. But it can be hell if you're a perfectionist, because you have to refine it every now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...