Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

How not to drown yourself in the Sea of the Internet





Do you want to break free from the noisezone?

There's friendzone. Seenzone. I don't know-zone. Yeah, I totally made that word up.

Several months ago, I chose to blog daily.

 Two posts a day.

The result was a whopping 150 plus blogposts that I'm proud of.

It was a beast-- an accomplishment I never thought possible.

Quantity is king!

The happiness didn't last long.

I poured over the posts, and realized what a bloody mess it was.

The only value it had was to serve my low self-esteem and my niche was serving my ego.

(Now, I could be wrong....)

I read this invaluable quote somewhere ( I forgot who said it, sorry)


True. I was writing a lot. I was producing a lot.

But did it have value?

Did it help people?

Did it make someone's day better?

Did I help someone solve their problems?

Maybe.

But most of the time, what I wrote was noise.

Messy and unfocused noise. 

I'm currently enrolled in one of Arriane Serafico's online courses, and it's an excellent course btw.

I've read numerous blogs/articles/courses telling me to niche down.

The problem was, I couldn't understand its importance. I couldn't understand how to niche down.

Arriane makes it so easy. Easy as 1, 2 and 3.

According to her, Niching down is like talking to a crowd in a colosseum vs. talking to a handful of people in a small room.

In a colosseum, you are competing with thousands of people. You talk. You bore them. They talk. Your message becomes another noise.

That's what I've been doing.

But when you talk to a handful of people in a small room, provided they want to listen to what you have to say on topics they want to hear, on subjects dear to their heart.

That. is. Niching down.

Like the final piece of a jigsaw puzzle, everything clicked. I finally saw the bigger  picture. The whole picture.

As much as I enjoyed the act of blogging daily, the internet is not my personal diary to rant and bitch to make another person unhappy.

That's why I made the decision to stop my "daily blog challenge". It was fun! I discovered I had a lot of say. A lot of things to talk about.

It's just that... the quality.

Quality sucked. Big time!

I didn't want to be another noise. I didn't want to drown myself. So I chose to exit gracefully.

Now, that doesn't mean I won't stop blogging.

I like it, I do.

I just want to write about important matters where people will find value.

I hope this post is valuable.

Don't drown yourself in a sea of noise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...