Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Nostalgia of listening to Video Game Music

I'm listening to the music of my childhood--- Japanese Role Playing Games Music.

Video Game Music (VGM) , for short.

When I was young, I found it strange that I could not understand the kind of music my peers were listening.

N'SYNC. Destiny's Child. Avril Lavigne.

Me?

I'd get my tape recorder and record the video game music playing from the TV.

That was one of my simplest joys in life... to listen to VGM.

Of course, I grew up and my playstation broke down.

I managed to retain my CDs, but my emulator can't play all games.

It can't play Arc the Lad 3. It can't play Chrono Cross.

But it definitely plays my favorite games.

Games that aren't time consuming.

So where was I?

Oh yes... Nostalgia.

Nostalgia sells, especially to former JRPG gamers like me.

I'm listening to Wild Arms 2's OST over youtube and my heart is bleeding!

Suddenly, I'm transported back to my days a child, where my only concerns were to study and get good grades in school & finish whatever JRPG I was playing.

Listening to the music I always heard as a kid brings me a lot of memories.

Memories of safety. Memories of adventure. Memories of excitement.

Just plain memories.

Memories ..... and nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...