Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, April 30, 2017

FFM: Chapter 21

Chapter twenty-one is finally out, and I'm surprised I've breached the 4,500 word count for a single chapter.

I was tempted, and I will say how unholy the temptation was to stop at 1.6K words.

But screw it.

I typed, and typed and typed.

1.6k is too short to convey the idea I want to express.

You can't cram Cloud and Aerith asking for clothes, boarding a ship to escape Junon, and getting shipwrecked, can you?

The ideas have taken a life of its own. I initially planned Cloud to steal the clothes, but Aerith didn't want to steal and decided to knock on the door. Suddenly, the man wasn't nice and she decided to knock him down.

Of course I didn't like the way it was going and rewrote the opening scene, and I settled with an eight year old boy helping the two.

I think I'm much better at writing alternating viewpoints. Actually, I have a long way to go, but I'm much better, compared with my first fic, Your Eyes on Me.

Somehow, this chapter ballooned to 4.6k, and I think I've done a fairly good job.

My next challenge is how to tie the loose ends beautifully.

I don't know if I can.

My ears are bleeding (just kidding) from listening to Japanese songs. Writing while listening to music improves my mood, it seems, and right now, I'm dying to start on my next story.

FFM has two more chapters before it ends, and I'm proud with my output!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...