Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Create what you Like

source: www.malaspabras.com


I spent two years to plot and write the story I wanted to read. Never mind if I cringed after re-reading it. I can live with that.

Erasers and "Ctrl+Z" exist for a reason.

I liked Wild Arms 2 since I was 12 years old. I  liked it so much that I wanted to know what were the backstories of the villains. I liked them so much that I actually created webcomics about one of them and hosted it at SmackJeeves and ComicFury.

I liked Final Fantasy 8 since I was 10 or 11 years old too. I always wondered how Julia gave up quickly on Laguna, and why Laguna chose to stay in Winhill over going back to his true love. I wondered so much that I wrote "Your Eyes on Me." Never mind if I cringed after re-reading it.

I write what I like, even if I don't get paid for it. Yet it is every writer's, or if not some, dream to be paid for their work. Copyright Laws hinder me from directly profiting from the fanfictions I wrote, but I can always take the Highway E.L. James took with 50 Shades of Grey. Well, that's a story for another day.

Point is, the moment I started to write the story I wanted to read, regardless of the horrible feeling when I reread it (because I can't believe that I actually penned it), life became brighter.

Life became happier. I felt unburdened. I felt less depressed (okay, depressed is overkill). The cloud of dissatisfaction that sat in my head became clearer. The cloud hasn't gone away. It's still there.

It all starts with write what you like.

Or more like, Create what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...