Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Story Theme

Every story must have a thing. Every protagonist must embody that theme. 

- Steven Pressfield

For years, I've toyed with a Wild Arms 2 Fanfiction. 

No not with the main protagonists. 

They're not interesting. 

But the Villains are. Even if their dialogues were poorly translated.

That was the reason why I became attached to the characters. 

Because they were interesting. 

Antenora, for instance. 

RPGenius wrote something about her, and I couldn't agree more. 

The character is the type you'd typically find in Shakespeare Plays.

It was a character that appealed to me. 

For years, I toyed with the idea of creating her backstory. 

I don't own the character, but I needed to scratch my itch. 

It took me 12 years to finally put a finale to her backstory. 

I was contented with how I wrote it, despite with its flaring flaws. 

I took a step back. 

What is her story all about? What is it trying to point out? What is the theme?

How the pursuit of revenge changes you as a person. 

What you are willing to sacrifice for that pursuit.

 How willing are you to do the dirty stuff, just to see the realization of a worthy ideal?


It's not just Antenora's story. 

It's also the story of her comrades in Odessa (A terrorist Organization) and their financial backer. 

I dunno why I'm so invested into these types of stories. 

It's probably because I've also worn the same shoes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...