Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

4 Memorable tidbits from Steven Pressfield

He had me at four words. 

One day, you'll meet a blogger that will change an aspect of your life.

Like, how you view your hobby for instance. 

Adapting their mindset changes everything. 

Adapting their mindset changes you. 

Adapting their mindset enhances you. 


And I'm grateful that I started to read CJ's material 2 months ago. 

I've binged on Steven's works over 2 days. 

Nobody Reads Your Sh*t.

Do Work. 

The Authentic Swing. 

The War of Art.

I think I read War of Art three years ago. I remember I found it boring. 

Not anymore. 

Of his writings, here are some tidbits I'd like to share. It is my deepest desire that his words touch your life, the same way his touch mine. 

1. Nobody Reads Your Shit.

2. You have not chosen the story. The story has chosen you. 

3. Theme is everything. Once we know the theme, we know the climax, we know the protagonist, we know the antagonist, we know the supporting characters, we know the opening, we know the throughline.

4. If you want to write and be recognized, you have to do it yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...