Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, August 1, 2016

Progress with push-ups

Finally!

In 2013, I couldn't a single push-up.

I decided to train my body and start with 10 knee push-ups.

When I could do 20 knee push-ups, my friend told me to do one push-up.

Just one.

I can remember the day I did it. It was a hot afternoon. I had finally pushed myself from the ground.

Finally!

My next challenge was doing 2 consecutive push-ups.

So I trained again. After 4 weeks and once a week weightlifting, I could finally hit 4-5 consecutive push-ups.

And then I stopped. I went back to someone who couldn't do a single push-up.

Then this year, I decided to male fitness a part of my lifestyle.

I went back to the gym and lifted weights.

On July 27, I gave myself another shot.

Prior to that date, I had been doing 5 sets of 5 reps of pushups. Couple that with  benchpressing 25 Ibs for almost a month, I was able to break my record!

7. 10. 7. 10.

34 pushups!

Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...