Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Morning Pages Treasures

Morning Pages are a source of inspiration.

I've been writing them for almost six years, but not once have I taken the time and effort to cull out ideas worth cultivating.

I've binged on my Julia Cameron books for the past few days, and her latest book has inspired me to do the cull out.

I wrote my pages today, and immediately highlighted some concepts that interested me, or prompted me to take action:

1. I always liked to draw. 

2. I might as well teach them a thing or two about conceptualization. About appreciating and beating the time limit. Teach them that there is not bad way to create art, but personal preferences exist. Teach that it's all about telling stories. Theme. Concept. Objects. Relationships. The Magic of 3. 

3. Looking at Shilin Huang and Loika's art inspires me to draw again... to create concept art. 

4. One thing I never did was study what I wanted to improve on (visual arts)

5. I instilled discipline when I wanted to watch Scooby Doo at 5AM. I was desperate to watch it. 

6. But if I can find my scooby doo....

7. Why not watch youtube vids after I wake up?

8. One factor that hinders me from writing is... "logical order. The belief to write in an orderly manner and in logical sequences." That belief is a dream killer, I tell you! 

9. Here's the antidote: when an idea grips you, strongly grips you, write it. If it's a dialogue between two people, plot it down. Never mind if you don't know who they are, or what their backstories are. But write! Just write!

10. Masters don't sit down and immediately produce a masterpiece. It doesn't work that way. I guess. They sit down, play the notes, play the keys, hoping and looking for the perfect, if not, appropriate tune. When they find it, they preserve the melody. 

11. Ultimately, the characters or the music must reflect whatever they're supposed to reflect. 

12. I want to study music writing. I want to compose songs. 

13. But I want to give myself a chance it music making. I must try. 

14. But you can't easily discard food. Wait. What's the difference? Money and the idea that someone could benefit from the food. To lessen the costs, go for smaller portions and use cheaper ingredients first. (On why I do not like to Cook)

15. Make use of everything. Make beautiful art. Create beautiful flavors. 

The ideas are somewhat broken, but I guess it doesn't matter.

What matters is that I culled out these little treasures, and I'm seeing for the first time the nuggets of hope, learnings and wishes buried in my soul.

I should do this often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...