Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

It doesn't hurt to appreciate a Review


Seeking people's opinion on your work is an act of hierarchy.

That's what I learned from Steven Pressfield.

To act in a hierarichal fashion is to like commit an artist suicide.

Pressfield advises to act territorially.

In my case, to act teritorially is to create.

You know... write the story you always wanted to read.

After finishing "Your Love, My Undoing" or YLMU, I dedicated my mental faculties on developing "Magdalen from Midgar", or MFM.

MFM's story has been around my head for a while, when I decided to prototype it as a fanfiction. Nothing bad right?

With MFM, I'm inching out from my comfort zone: I'm taking my time to learn how to write using the 5 senses. I'm reading books, tutorials and tips how to improve my creative writing skills.

I'm acting teritorially.

After a tiring day at work, I was about to pack my laptop into its bag when I briefly checked my inbox.

"Oh, I have a review."

I read it, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Wow, had me on the edge of my seat. Very compelling and well-written. Just hope you can carry that same energy for other chapters.


I'm happy someone cared to leave YLMU a review. I know how much effort I poured for the 1st chapter. I doubt the succeeding 5 chapters met the same intensity.

Nevertheless, I'm happy how that story turned out to be.....even if it's filled with grammar mistakes and syntax errors :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...