Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Angry

Something marvelous happened on September 22, 2016.

Apparently, an office document I mailed to our office was missing. How could that be, when I double checked before sending the file?

I was aghast.

Did I forget to mention I was angry as well?



This is not the first time a document went missing interim to our main office.

I sent a very important document six months ago, and it got lost in that same building.

For the love of God.... we are all human. We err.

I've had instances where I lost documents too. So this might probably just another case of projection.

Good thing I had another original file which I kept. I photocopied it and sent the original to them.

It's so easy to blame people and ask them to fix problems when they screw up.

I was at that point. That point where all I wanted was to blame...

And then it clicked.

Blaming doesn't solve anything.

But looking for a solution does.

I quickly created the solution before I finally had a chance to reflect on what happened.

Where did it go wrong?

The problem could have been between me, the courier, and the receiver.

To make things short...

I had to improve my document system tracking.

that was the only way to prevent this fiasco again.

Yes, I was just frustrated because of the situation. but... isn't life always like that? You're expecting it to go smoothly, but it goes a wrong turn.

sigh.

the hidden gem in this situation is that my document tracking system still has loopholes. and you totally can't depend on the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...