Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Facebook is emotionally draining

There's so much hate and bashing on Facebook, that it hurts to scroll the News Feed.

I love my city, and I think that it's best for my mental and emotional health to stay away from reading trolls comments, or people who bash my city for what's it going through.

I infrequently use my FB account these days. I usually spend 3-5 minutes scrolling through the feed before closing it down. Yet on September 3, I actually burned almost 3-5 hours on Facebook, reading updates on the Davao Bombing Incident.

Most of my friends are nurses who are employed at the different hospitals that responded to the disaster. It was inspiring to read their testimonials on how they gave their effort to save the lives of the injured.

.....and it can be emotionally taxing. 

Not that it's a negative thing, but I've known for a long time that I'm a highly sensitive person. I absorb people's emotions. An Empath, for short.

There is so much drama on Facebook right now that it's draining me, so the best option is to abandon it for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...