Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Break the Routine: Simple Icons

There are things I would have never contemplated on creating as a young girl.

I was, after all, very much into anime and JRPGs in my youth.

I expected less from my works.

So I strove and did my best.

The result? All my works looked the same.

And because they looked the same, I stagnate.

Stagnation is the enemy of improvement.

You have to be doing something different, every now and then,

Push yourself out of your comfort zone!

Be contented with creating something different.

Today, I... did just that.



I would never have contemplated creating... this.

No never. this was something beneath me...

and yet... it's so simple that it looks so stupid, yes?

But it's fun. and it breaks me and my routine.

So how many other routines have we deemed "beneath" us that we never even tried?

I dunno with you, but with me, creating these icons... made me think of creating other icons... with just a simple photoshop, a mouse pad, and my imagination (insert constraints)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...