Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Dr. Alvin's Professional Skin Care Formula works for me!


I always told myself beauty doesn't matter, but hey, I'm just human. As my life unfolded, I discovered a tiny grain of truth that, yes, beauty does matter.

To this end, I allowed myself to purchase some beauty products to enhance my features.

I used Beauche in 2011, when I was on my last year of college. It was priced at a whopping amount of 800 Pesos. 800 was expensive for a college student like me.

Was it effective? Yes

Did I continue to use it? No. 

On that same year, I discovered Human Heart Nature. I discovered the myriad of chemicals harmful for the body, and Beauche... well, let's say I found some of those chemicals in it (Parabens, for example).

But again, let me remind you, Beauche worked for me. It's just that my beliefs were incompatible with the product. So I ditched it.

Prior to using Beauche, I also had excellent results with St. Dalfour. Absolutely excellent results. 

Did I continue? No.

That same year, FDA released a statement that high mercury levels were found in St. Dalfour. With a heavy heart, I ditched the product. Sigh.

My skin is oily, and with luck, I settled with Human Heart Nature's Products. I don't breakout and my conscience is clear. I eventually ditched soap and used plan water for my face. No more zits, except for the occasional breakout when I'm ovulating.

Now, despite my dislike for expensive beauty products laden with chemicals, I can't my innate curiosity.

You could say, my curiosity led me to try Dr. Alvin's Professional Skin Care Formula.

I have several friends who've used it, and well... the curiosity bug bit me.

My face flushed around the 3rd - 5th day. Not as red as a tomato though. My face also started to peel.

Some of my officemates noticed the changes on my face. Here are some of the comments I received:

1. "Did you have an allergy?"
2. "Why is your face oily?"
3. "Where have you been? Your face is so sweaty." 
4. "Your face is peeling."


One week later, here's what I look like:












   No foundation and blush applied. 
After applying sunblock, I just filled my brows and colored my lips with la lipstick. 

I've never left the house without foundation and blush since 2012. So I'm surprised that my cheeks are somewhat pinkish now.

I'm Chinese-Filipina by the way, so I know I'm fair. Despite my fairness, my facial skin isn't that great. I'm oily with some.. er.. blackheads. My cheeks usually become rosy after a heavy bout of work out. I've never left the house without foundation and blush since 2012. So I'm surprised that my cheeks are somewhat pinkish now.

I must say, I have positive results with this product. (even if it has parabens.. lol)

The only thing I dislike about using this is that my skin is now sensitive. I had a blackhead on my cheek and I couldn't resist but pop it. Wrong move.

The following day, the pressure I exerted left a red mark, and it appeared the skin stretched. I religiously followed the routing and that part of the skin faded and peeled away.

 So yes, definitely no more touching, pricking or poking.

The Verdict:

This product is effective. Period. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...