Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Hey, I can actually write!

The series that prompted me to start writing fanfictions wad Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.

I was 8 years old back then, and I was really embarrassed when my teacher read it.

How could I be not? It was a horror story where the Town pastor, Carter, had a horde of zombies buried underneath the catacombs and graves of his church.

It only shows that at a young age, I was into macabre and gothic fiction.

My passion fo fanfics rekindled when I was 12. I discovered a bunch of Wild Arms 2 fanfictions which I absolutely loved. The sad thing is that I can no longer find the fics online :(

That prompted me to pen my own stories. Actually, I've been penning stories as early as I can remember. I've dabbled in comics, and that's a marriage between visual art and story writing.

The first time I penned an original story was a vampire romance. I was 14 and I wrote it on a pink precious moments notebook.

That story and notebook are eternally burned in my mind because my ex-bestfriend, Valerie, managed to discover and read it. To my immense horror, she actually asked me what was going to happen next!

Those were good times.

There were stories I penned with my mon's Windows 95 PC, and I printed a bunch of them. Once, I accidentally discovered one in a heap of papers. I just read it and I was blown away. Why didn't I finish it?

I have a handful of stories scattered around the house, and I am really suprised when I see one again.

Hey, I can actually write!

Last Februrary, I wrote a story called Your Eyes on Me, and I reread the early chapters I wrote.

Hey, I can actually write! 

I'm waiting for another year before I read my second fic again... but hey, I'm curious to what my reaction will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...