Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, September 12, 2016

I suck. Now what?


The first step of improvement is to admit that you suck.

I suck

At 15, I taught myself how to use photoshop. I mostly dealt with concept at, webcomics, and original character illustrations. 

Tarpaulin or lay-out design? 

What was that? 

People tend to assume that if you can use photoshop, you can do anything it's capable of. 

That's not true, by the way.

My pride and refusal to learn and adapt cost me the chance to improve. I have lost opportunities of pride. My pride has lead me to one of my weaknesses. 

Lay-out Design.

I view the craft of making tarpauling design as a complicated matter. 

Experimenting to search for the perfect blend of color harmony, font, images and lay-out stress my neurons.

I became lazy, and decided not to learn anything about tarpaulin design.

I mean... I knew how to use photoshop. I'd get through it. 

Wrong move, girl

I suck. 

But you know... I won't suck forever. 

To create good art, I have to accept I'll be creating lots of bad art. 

Bad art is okay. It's part of the learning process. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...