Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Flower from Midgar's title origins

Around the third quarter of 2016, I posted a story called "Magdalen from Midgar"in Fanfiction. net.

That story was inspired from listening to Gloc-9's song, Magda ( I urge you to check it out!)

It was haunting enough that I wrote a story out of it, and when I wanted to deepen that story, I resorted to fanfiction.

I had just finished a Final Fantasy 8 Fanfic, and decided to migrate to the Final Fantasy 7 section, testing what the readers' reaction would be.

My first review was simple. "Looks promising, good luck!"

So I posted some chapters intending it to be five chapters long. There weren't a lot of readers mind you, and the comments were zero. It was disheartening, but I persevered anyway. I was also reading books about how to improve my writing skill, and opted to apply what I learned on MFM.

Around chapter 3, I changed the title into "Flower from Midgar" or FFM for short.

I think that's the crappiest title I've ever created, but it's a little too late to change it now. I've clocked in 21 chapters (and around 40K words, oh wow!) and if I changed it now, some readers might be confused.

Coming up with a story title is no easy feat, I tell you.

I could have stuck with Magdalen from Midgar, but I felt it was too obvious. No one tells you that coming up with memorable titles is easy.

Despite the cheesiness, I still like FFM.

Yeah, I guess I'll stick with that until I finish it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...