Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Friday, June 17, 2016

Nothing changes in your life unless you make it happen

I'm going to say it again, "Nothing is going to change unless you make it happen".

I sat down on my desk and wrote my morning pages at work when this epiphany came out of nowhere.

Where have I heard of this? Oh yeah, from Nicolas Cole.

I am currently living the life I have dreamed after passing the Nurse Licensure Exam

I do not want to be a nurse. Nurses work irregular shifts. I want a plain 8-5 job. It's routinary. I can control my own time. There's consistency... blah blah blah.

Four years later, it can be downright depressing.

Yes, I am living a routine. A monotonous one.

Weekdays: Wake up. Eat. Bathe. Go to office. Work. Lunch. Go home. Surf net. Sleep. Repeat. 

Weekends: Wake up. Surf net. Eat. Surf net. Bathe. Surf net. dinner. Sleep. Repeat

I allowed myself to be stuck in a place... that I knew was wonderful at first.

How do I get out?

1. I go to the gym after work. I enrolled for a gym membership with my officemates. Sometimes I go alone. Sometimes I go with them. I show up every other day. Lifting gives me a sense of confidence and a sense that I can achieve stuff.

2. Identify the routine. To have a clearer picture.

3. Substitute a different activity in the routine. What got you here won't get you there.

I know this isn't the answer to everything. I've discovered that life is full of surprises... like, I'd sustain a habit for 6 or 7 momths, then drop it afterwards.

A key here is to brush the dust of your shoulders everytime you fall down, stand up, and walk.

Nothing changes in your life unless you make it happen,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...