Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I was benchpressing  20 Ibs dumbbells when the guy waiting to use it popped me this question:

"Can you lift that? Did Eric (the gym instructor) tell you to life 20 Ibs?"

I'm not suprised.

I like to lift challenging weights. 20 Ibs was an arbitrary number. 15 feels light. I couldn't find the 25 Ibs. So I stuck with 20.

20 is arbitrary. I prefer lifting something challenging. 3x5 for 20 Ibs, rather than 3x12 for 10 Ibs. I don't have the patience to do 12 reps.

And it's ironic because I went to the gym to cultivate patience and discipline.

I'm not surprised about the question. Most of the women at the gym are either running on the treadmill, zumba, on the pilates, or lifting 3 Ibs for 3x15 sets

Me?

I'd rather lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...