Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Chubby and Weightlifting

Lumobo ka (you ballooned). 

You've gained a little weight. 

Want to play badminton? You're cheeks just added some fat!

Those were the words I received yesterday.

The moment I took Usana supplemenrs, I started to add some pounds on the scale.

When I chose weightlifting, the pounds began to add up.

Some friends started to comment that I was growing big.

This was the same comment I heard 2 years ago (I was also weightlifting that time), and that comment prompted me to stop.

It's hard. I used to be very thin. 46kg and 5'4. I was ecstastic when I became 50kg. I received a lot of compliments. You look better! You're cheeks are fuller! 

Of course, as I grew older, I stopped playing basketball. I abandoned the active and sporty lifestyle I favored as a child. I think that contributed to my sedentary lifestyle. It didn't help that I was a gamer and played videogames almost all the time.

Honestly, it hurts to hear those words. I'm not asking for it, but I can't stop people from verbalizing their observations. Heck, I do it too... nitpicking people, yet I choose to say positive things because I know it's inappropriate to nitpick people.

I began to research about Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS). I don't know if it's a defense mechanism or what, but this explanation has a good point.

Meanwhile, I'll follow my simple daily disciplines and watch what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...