Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Why I quit my AP episode recap blog



I never meant that Episode recap blog to exist.

It was an accident.

You see, I was a big fan of the Coco Martin and Bela Padilla tandem. It hurt me that the writers thought of the Anne Curtis plot device to drive Padilla's character to Arjo Atayde's hands.

Unfortunately, I found the inspiration to desensitize the hurt feelings by documenting it.

It had a two-fold purpose:

1. I would improve my documentation skills (which is highly valuable in my field of work)

2. I would be the first Ang Probinsyano episode recap blogger.

I rummaged through the world wide web for AP episode recaps. Nada. Zero.

I do not have the patience to spend 30 minutes watching a show, when I could read the plot in 5 minutes.

So I did just that. I did it for myself, and for other Filipinos who shared my sentiments.

And boy, it was fun!

English isn't my native language, and I struggled in the documentation process.

I disciplined myself to edit my draft once the episode was over. I added memes. The editing process would take me almost an hour. Once I was happy, I would post it on the Cocobel Fansite at facebook, ot through my twitter account.

Majority of the traffic for that recap blog came from facebook, and I'm grateful. I also received a couple of positive feedbacks.

...until when Bela Padilla's character was killed on the April 6, 2016 episode.

I was documenting the episode on paper when she was gunned down.

Shit.

I stopped watching after that. I didn't bother to update the recap blog, nor did I leave a comment why I suddenly stopped documenting. Ack.

Though I did mean to write about it. Took me 2 months to write though!

I quit documenting because the couple I shipped.... well, they could never be. The woman was dead. The writers are now pushing the man to go after his bestfriend, who's being courted by another guy.

Yeah. It's a shallow and pathetic. If I really loved the show, then I would have kept on documenting. Ah, no.

It's not worth it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...