Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Stickmen comics and other projects

I started to create comics with cute little stick guys.

This is the first comic I made since... 2012? I can't remember. It's been quite awhile.

Just wanted to go directly to its essence- to tell a story and have fun. 

I didn't resort to my manga style. I doubt if I can replicate what I did 4 years ago. I've changed.

But stick people's good. It's decent and easy to draw. I don't have to stress and demand from myself that it needs to be perfect.

I DID struggle on what scenario I'd draw for these guys. If I applied my 10 ideas a day thing, this would be equivalent to getting a good mental workout. I'm forced to churn ideas for thesw little guys to act.

One of my plans right now, is to fill a notebook with stick guy comics. I have a lot of pages to fill, but targetting 10 per day is a good start. I was able to fill 3 notepads with ideas since July 2015. Thought it would be a fun idea to do with comics :D

Today's a local holiday here. But I went to work because... I was one of the unfortunate ones  (kidding). That was a blessing in disguise though. Enrolled myself in a watercolor workshop with 20 other people. I think it's a perfect idea to get out of my hobbit hole. It was great meeting the owner of the shop too! I was like "whoa, I admire this person! I want to be like her one day".

Got a bunch of ideas while I had lunch too! Couldn't resist planning the initial steps for another project. I have one project that's about to end, and another that I think will last for another 2-3 months. The second one's difficult to maintain, but there are benefits to it!

 Overall, those two projects have surprised me, especially the first one.

I can actually commit and be consistent to a project once I see how it will end.

This new project isn't that time consuming. Once I've planned its contents, all I need to do is write it and I'm ready to ship it to the world! Hurrah!

I'm also thinking of what to do with this blog. I like posting here. Gives me a tangible body of work to show that "hey, I blog". It's just that... I'm not sure what the focus is. My other blog has a clear cut focus- a written documentation of a tv series.

This one's a repository of images, thoughts, essays and whatnot.

So while I finalize what to do with this one, I'd better take nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...