Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Seth Godin told me to SUSDA______



In his blog, Seth Godin writes about showing up, sitting down and (SUSDA) working or painting or *insert whatever activity".

In his book, "show your work!", Austin Kleon writes how its improtant to have a daily dispatch.

For Godin, the act of doing something is more important than the output.

For 2 days, I've drawn 22 single-panelled comics. It's the largest amount I've done since 2012. While I know it's very simple (bordering to ugly for some people), it's the very same reason why I keep the doing it.

It's too easy to make that it seems foolish not to do it.

Showing up everyday and sitting down on my chair to write and draw... it's a commitment, you know.

My endgame is to find my personal groove to create. And this commitment works for me! (Writing 10 ideas is a testament) i'm seeing results to meet my endgame.

My only challenge is whether I can make it sustainable... and the answer lies in the followimg days.

Tomorrow's another day. Another batch of comics and ideas about to be born.

Show up!

***

1. My fiction's getting some nice reviews. To be honest, I was really concerned about receiving those. I read somewhere in the net that when you take your focus off the reviews and focus on creating the product, the reviews will come to you.

2. Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 12 are already drafted! I have 11 and the epilogue waiting to be done! Whew!

3. Wrote 60 ideas on 6 different topics today. I had 2 great ideas to implement! Unfortunately, due to my limited attention span, I choose to focus on 2-3 projects at a time. My hands are full.

4. Cut and froze some bananas. I have plans to make a banana-based ice cream. Yummy!

5. Discovered an excellent webcomic in webtoons! (Siren's Lament). I never thought you could mix music comics together at the same time. The effect is devastating that it took my breathe away!

6. Made a voodoo doll and sealed it with Mod Podge. It looks great! Looks like I still have the skills. Took me 20-25 minutes to make one :D

7. Devoured/browsed through different art of local artists here in Davao. I'm blown away at their output. It's simply amazing. Nothing beats the feeling when you see amazing art!

8. Discovered a potential not-so time consuming past time thanks to number 7. While I do want to act on it now, I prefer to unload/finish a project before I embark on another one.

9. Projects projects projects. Side-projects? Life is fun when you're creating something.

10. Had a good home-workout! Committed to do 8 reps of negative pull-ups. I'm looking forward for the day i'll be able to pull myself over the bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...