Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Analysis by Paralysis and my daily dispatch



1. Migraine knocked me out yesterday. I wasn't able to create my homework and my 10 daily comics. Goodbye to those lost panels... are they?

2. Today, I choose to show up. Why? Because it's one of my favorite mantras. "Show up!"

No matter how tiny or simple the project is, show up!

3. Today is my last day at graduate school. I actually finished second semester, despite wanting to give up 3 weeks earlier!

4. I crammed for a paper. Yep, I put if off for several weeks. I ignored it. Then the great day arrived when I woke up at 4am to do it. Still, I crammed from 4-6am. I was able to finish the paper from 6:45-7:40 am. Ohohoho!

5. I observed a couple of things while making the paper: I hesitated to encode anything because I was reading a lot of materials at the same time (8). I was confused. Didn't know where and how to extracr what I needed. That made me realize that I suck at multi-tasking. It's not my strength at all.

6. Number 5 is applicable to my side projects. I wasn't able to focus at class because I was bombarded with potential ideas for another story. It's an ff7 fiction (yep). "What if this happened, or what if the story went like this. Blah blah blah" . I wrote everything down on my jot down notebook. I'm working on one ff8 fiction, with a sequel to follow. While I did plan to write an ff7 fic, this second idea came like a storm. Whoooooa!

7. So I conducted my very first Idea Sex. Weird terminology. Learned it from James Altucher. But the essential idea is this : combine 2 different ideas to get new brand ideas. So I gave it a spin, and this was my output!


8. Since writing my morning pages, my penmanship has deteriorated. But I was able to get a neat idea! What if cats had a weapon attached to their tails?

So I drew it in while I was listening to my classmate's group report. It's... fugly. Ugly, I mean. Looks horrible, I know.

9. So I went viral. I knew my article was bound to meet someone who'd disagree with it. It finally did! And the person had the time and effort to write a lengthy piece on it, like wow!

10. "Nothing was going to change in my life unless I made it so" ~Nicolas Cole

Cole is one of the people I admire. I'm glad I discovered him and his life story. It's inspiring, especially the transformations he'd been through.

I like his writing style. I never get bored of it. Though some people think otherwise. When I learned he also dealt with people who outright told him he shouldn't write for "xxxx" reason, I felt some sort of camaraderie.

11. I discovered an enchanting webcomic at webtoons!

Siren's Lament and When Tangents Meet by instamiso

I love how music was incorporated into these webtoons. It makes the reading experience rich one!

But what particularly struck me when she revealed how she created When Tangents Meet, and what she had to deal with.

Another inspiration.

I suddenly felt a stir within me. To create a webtoon. Ah. Maybe. After I finish the fics. I promised myself I'd finish a project. YEOM is doing quite well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...