Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Passion, success and creativity is subjective


1. Watched a couple of Ted talks today. Picked up some great insights!

2. While I was browsing 9gag, this thought entered my head: "it's easier mind others' business, to waste our time following the same routines, to hate and criticize rather doing something different and work that matters. "

3. So the sequel to Your Eyes on Me just flashed through my head while I was walking around the house. It was like watching a movie! 

4. It's a holiday on Thursday and Friday!

5. "Passion is not a plan or a job. It's a feeling. And feelings change."~Terri Trespicio

6. "Passion is the full force of the attention and energy you give to whatever is in fromt of you." ~ Terri Trespicio

7. Watched Terri Trespicio's Ted talk. It was all about passion. The topic was: stop searching for your passion. I just listened to her with an open mind. Had a couple of takeaways and realizations. Passion just got redefined. 

8. Passion is subjective. I guess a lot of things in life is subjective. Even success is subjective. One of our assistant regional director told us so. 

9. I'll adapt Trespicio's definition for Passion. It's the attention and energy I give to an activity. So right now, I can say that I'm passionate about making Ang Probinsyano recaps. I'm passionate about writing 10 ideas a day. I'm passionate about drawing comics. 

10. Let's redefine creativity too. I used to think it was this magical thingmajig that held the key to my problems. Turns out when you define something and stop focusing on it, things make sense. Since writing ideas for 8 months now, I've redefined creativity as an act of giving birth and nurturing ideas. It's also an act to solve problems with the ideas created and nurtured. Kinda sounds pragmatic, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...