Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Saying Yes to new experiences is hard



One of my commitments for 2016 is to open and explore new experiences which I know would allow me to grow. 

While I've been taking baby steps (such as maintaining two blogs, a 10 daily comic ritual, and writing 10 ideas a day ritual, posting a chapter for my fanfic on a weekly basis), I find ot diffuclt to say "Yes" to some actitvies which I know meets my commitment.

It's not that I don't want to, but I have been conditioned to always ask for approval from other people.

So I'm taking my baby steps to freedom. No one describes to you how hard it is, but I'd like to share mine.

Take this for example:




It was my good friend ate guil who tagged me this workshop. I was hesitant because I thought I still had graduate school classes for that day (thank God I don't). The one-day workshop costs Php 1,800.00, but I didn't mind shelling out some cash.

Watercolor isn't my favorite medium of choice. It's my weakness. But I won't let that stop me from learning, right? And besides, it's a perfect avenue to meet like-minded people!

Then came another workshop:


Last wednesday, Leanna and I went to Abreeza mall to shop and have a date. We purchased some pens and notebook when a rubber stamp set caught her eye. There was a lovely set with a travel theme. I knew it was perfect for her. She does love to travel and has a travel blog. But when we flipped the set, we were shocked at the price tag. Php 459 for a 3-piece set? No thanks.

So I told her that some people make their own stamps by carving erasers. Cool idea, huh? I don't know whether it was the universe conspiring for us, but as I checked I am Artisan's blog, she was planning to organize an Eraser carving workshop.

Naturally, I sent the link to Leanna and slept. She replied to me the next day and asked if we could go.

Immediately, I found myself hesitating. I planned to pay my school tuition that day. Plus, it was far. It's on another island (well, it's still near my city). What if my mom wouldn't agree? I could feel the conflict.

But I remembered my "new experiences for 2016" promise. I'd spent majority of my life stuck in my house. I needed to be like my japanese rpg heroes---they left their hometown to embark on a journey of self-discovery.

I still asked my mom for permission. To my immense relief, she said yes. I immediately texted Leanna, and 6 hours later, she paid for our slots! (Gotta pay her back on monday though)

So it looks like I'm going on another adventure this next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...