Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Rule on How to Live your Life

"How am I supposed to live my life?"

                                           "Live your life like, a sandbox game.
                                             You, know, like Minecraft."

"What are the rules of the game?"

                                           "Rule number 1: You make 
                                             your own Rules."

"Sounds boring."

                                           "It sounds cool."


Do we really need to follow a rule, or guideline on how to live our lives? 

Some people love having a rule to life. It's a safe anchor to the turbulent seas in life. It makes life easier.

Some loathe being chained to some idea. To live is not to confine yourself to some stupid saying. To live is to go out there and live as you please. 

I'm the person who falls on the first option: I like having guidelines in my life. It provides me a sense of normalcy and security, an anchor the turbulent seas. 

I have been told to live and embrace its antithesis. "Why are you confining yourself to some rule that other people make?" "Why are you so rigid? You won't enjoy your life!"

I know that people have differing views on how to live their lives. I use to think that people thought the same way I did, but experience taught me differently. I used to shove my beliefs in other people's throats. Now I know better.

What works for me, doesn't work for others.

Let me get it straight. I acknowledge that both concepts are the sides of the same coin. The coin is how to live life. The sides are to follow the rules and ditch the rules. 

Now here comes me, trying to be conventional yet unconventional at the same.

Is there a way for me to marry these two sides?

Can we follow a rule, yet at the same time, ditch it?

It's like this saying I once heard:

                A: Love is unconditional.

                B: I beg to differ. It's conditional.

                A: How?

                B: The condition of having no condition, makes it unconditional.


It sounds stupid, yes? But think about it. What happens if we rephrased it?


                A: I live my life with no rules.

                B: I beg to differ. You live your life with a rule.

                A: What makes you say that?

                B: The condition of living without a rule, makes it a rule itself.

If there's one thing I've realized in my existence, it's that people will justify and defend their views on how the live life. They will protect it and snarl at people who have something to say against it.

So what is the rule on how to live your life?

My advice: 

Keep it to yourself. Practice it yourself. 
And most importantly, be true to yourself. 
Refrain from shoving unsolicited views on other people's throats.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...