Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Ultimate Guilty Pleasure: Writing Fan Fictions

"After all this time?"

"Always"


- Albus Dumbledore to Severus Snape, Harry Potter Series



Another story idea flash in my head.

I knew this was one of those rare story ideas where I knew how it would start, what would 

happen in between and how it would end.

The twist?


It is a Final Fantasy VIII fan fiction.

Yes, I am investing my imagination and creative writing skills in another company owned 

franchise.

When I was younger, and highly active in the creative scene, a friend once told me to ditch 

fancomics, and write my original stories.

If I really wanted to, I could.

But writing fan fictions... is an itch that begs to be scratched!

As what Snape replied to Dumbledore, "Always".

It's an itch that will never go away, until I scratch it!

How do I scratch it? I write it in black and white. I post and share it online.

It's the only way. It's the only way to put the itch at ease.

Recently, I have started to write fan fiction again. (Never mind if it's owned by Square Enix. 

The idea want to be born!)





What the Galbadian General wants, the General gets...even if it means eliminating his beloved's true love. 

The untold love story between Julia, Laguna and yours truly, Fury Caraway.


Yes, it is cheesy. My second english teacher asked  me  and a classmate to revise the

cheesy intro to a play we wrote. Well, I like it cheesy! 

I've already written chapters 1 & 2. This one is estimated to be 6-7 chapters long.


Runner Up:







Before they were terrorists, they were humans with issues. 

An anthology of the Odessa's Generals before joining Vinsfeld Rhadamanthus,

the aftermath of the advent of the Kuiper Belt core and Lord Blazer.

In 2010-2012, I created a webcomic and fanfiction entitled  "A Bittersweet Affair" 

chronicling Antenora's story. 

I never finished either version, but the story is still itching to be written. 

This itch expounded to create backstories for the other generals.

I'll work on this after I finish "Your Eyes on Me", or possibly,  a new FF8 fiction 

"My Eyes on You" focusing on Raine, Laguna and Julia's story.



So why focus on fan fiction?

It's simple. 

I've decided a few months ago that when I die, I would like to reflect and say 

"Yes, I wrote these stories. And I'm proud to have written them."

So I will write. I will write. I will persist to write.

Until I have scratch the itch called "Creating Fan fiction."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...