Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Friday, February 5, 2016

A Tale of Two English Teachers


Once upon a time, I had 2 English Teachers. 

The first one loved me. 

The second one hated me. 




One loved my writing and told me about it. I was flattered. God knows what I wrote for her like it. 

But the second one... my God, she told me my writing gave her a headache!

Not only did she tell it to me, but she also blurted it in front of the class. I was so embarrassed!

That incident made me doubt my capability to write. 


***

We all have these people: those who love you, and those who absolutely hate you

You can't please two masters at the same time. 

You will either love one, or hate the other. 

In my case, I hated the second one, not because she told me my writing was horrible and gave her a headache, but with the way she told it to me.

We need to deal and accept these people.



They don't like you and what you can or will do. 

Period. 


Yet it also humbles me to know that I have been someone's "hated person". 

Their black sheep. The bane of their existence. The pain in their neck.

The truth hurts. It's hard to swallow, especially when someone tells you about it or gossip tells you.


                What do you do with the ones who love you?

                                  Thank them. 

                    Genuine friends are hard to come by. Value and treasure these kind of people.


                What do you with the ones who hate you?

                               Pray for them, if you're a religious person.


                 But how about for those who seek a non-religious answer?

                                  Thank them as well.

                     Because these people ground you and make you humble. 

                     You can't please everybody, and they can't please everybody. 


Once upon a time, I had 2 English Teachers.

Despite my unpleasant experience with the second one, I know that I'm still grateful to her.

I learned that I still have a wide room for improvement. 

For as long as I live, I will persist.

So thank you, my Second English Teacher, for telling me that my writing gave you a headache.


Have you thanked your own second english teacher?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...