Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Candidate Moves


I always get killed when I play Final Fantasy Tactics. I hated Vagrant Hearts's gameplay.

But I loved Arc the Lad. It was probably the only tactical game I loved to play, and would spend hours on.

Why am I talking about tactical RPGs?

Because, Chess.

Tactical RPGs are like Chess. Every game is unique. It has opening moves. Certain Job classes have their own moves and skills.

 Did I mention that I suck at strategy games like chess?that's what.

James Altucher advocates Chess and Go. I like to learn Go. However, there aren't a lot of players where I live. Either there aren't, or I'm not searching hard. I'll assume there aren't any. But someone is bound to love chess in my area.

Chess. Altucher said, "Look for the candidate moves". he quoted that from another chess grandmaster (whose name I forgot).

What is a candidate move? It's a list of moves a piece can probably make.

I need to play chess, to enhance my thinking. to see the possible candidate moves in my life.

Last October 19, 2015, we had an activity that had a lot of... well, "small failures". Small failures that could have been prevented if, well, candidate moves had been predicted and counter moves were done.

Sadly, there weren't. And one of my biggest mistakes was I didn't learn how to think of the candidate moves.

It sucks. And it's part of learning.

Candidate moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...