Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Who and where did Lady Arthemis go?

Lady Arthemis, was, well, a childhood username I created when I was active in the art world. When I  was an active creative. I could say that she was a persona I created. and boy, that persona sure did love to create!

But what happened? Like all children, I grew up. I believe the last time I saw Lady Arthemis was in 2012, when i was preparing for my nurse licensure exam. i was working on a wild arms 2 fancomic in the defunct mangamangazine at that time.  I stopped doing the project. I never saw her again.

I never saw again, that creative part of me, who loved to create, who felt she was born to create. yes, peter pan would be happy if I said I wanted to remain a child forever, but i had to grow up to accommodate reality. 

and it hurts

Yes, i am a functioning adult. Yes, I have savings. Yes, I thinking for my future. Yes,I'm pursing graduate studies. Yes, i am making friends and meeting new people. BUT. there is a but.
 a huge "but".

I am not happy. The creative soul in me is not happy. Because i have forgotten her. I have forgotten arthemis.

and it is ironic that he would remind me of what I had to put aside, of whom I threw away, of whom I forgot. I didn't mean to check his facebook page (i took a long hiatus from that website), but i did. and i remembered a name i had long forgotten.

Like  any person, i would cringe at the email addresses and usernames i had constructed in my youth. Arthemis. Lady Arthemis. The name originated from random name generator in Legend of Mana. The name stuck with me.

I loved to create stories patterned after my favorite games, so I decided to create a character patterned after Wild Arms 2's Antenora. And she was born~ Lady Alicia Clare Arthemis Silverheart. A former princess of Schellion who allied herself with her enemy, Arcion Legionheart (yes, yes,I was very fond of the name "Heart").

Her aim in life was to avenge her family from what Arcion did. oh boy. oh boy.... :( what to do now. what do i do. Anyway, the name stuck and I really really liked it. So I used it when I roamed several forums. 

Then I grew up, took a new username, and... well, I don't like it. My current username is associated with broken and unfulfilled dreams. My old username was filled with hopes and dreams. That username was determined to make dreams into reality.

I want what was associated with that username back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...