Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Sunday, April 3, 2016

How I used my interest in RPG to win a free Undertale game




For the first time in months,I'm going to play a game that's "hot" right now. Okay, maybe "hot"is subjective. But I've been hearing a lot of praises for Undertale.

I think God has been so good that he found a way for me to acquire the game legally.

I'm a reader of www.thinkinginsidethebox.blogspot.com ever since I read a rant posted for Wild Arms 2. When I heard guest rants were welcome, I browsed the remaining posts to learn what games he hadn't written about.

He didn't have Persona 2, so I wrote one.

And I had fun!

I submitted it and I had two options:

A. He doesn't agree to post it

      > next action: post it here

B. He agrees to post it

     > Be happy!

I never heard from him days after I sent the post. I accepted it fell to Option A.

Then Lo and behold! He replied and replied he liked my rant. Though he did want some parts to be clarified and he asked permission to correct some minor grammatical errors. (I'll assume the one running the blog is a male)

I clarified and improved some parts and resent it to him.

He still liked it!



Not only was my guest rant going to be posted, but he was also going to give me a FREE RPG (he gets to decide what game it'll be though)





I totally forgot about the free RPG in case he was going to post the rant since I was focused on writing the rant/tribute I really wanted to write. But hey, I haven't played an RPG for months now. When he asked what my favorites were and what style I was expecting, I replied "something like undertale? Or a game that isn't time-consuming since I limited time to play"

The succeeding day, I woke up to check my email and found out he gave me UNDERTALE!



Whoa!

It's been a loooooong time!

Might as well play 30 minutes a day, huh?

I will definitely write another guest rant for The RPGenius! (not for the sake of the free RPG, but for the privilege of posting in his blog).

So once again, thank you The RPGenius!


1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome--and thank YOU for the rant! Enjoy Undertale!

    (Also, yes, I am a "he").

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...