Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Monday, October 31, 2016

My Experience with Arriane Serafico's Braver Goals Online Course after 90 Days

credit to Arriane Serafico


In July 2016, I enrolled in Arriane Serafico's Braver Goals Online Course.

90 Days later, I've done my part, and here's a review/testimonial, sharing my experience with the course.

Let me start with my email to her last Saturday:

When my office mate gave me your blog link a year ago (yep, the same person who joked about the discourage club), I never imagined I'd be a willing participant in your world (brand, I mean). 

To use what I learned from the Purposeful Personal Branding module, "Oh boy, here's another Sparkling blogger with sparkling blogs that I will forget."

That wasn't the case. 

Okay, maybe it was. 

I subscribed, and eventually forgot all about you. Like other typical subscribers do. 

Then one day, I just messaged you (after reading through an email you send to all your subscribers). 

And you replied! Not once, not twice, but maybe around four to five times! 

So she actually takes time to read her inbox, I thought. 

When you notified the world about your Braver Goals Bootcamp/Courage Club, I prepped myself for the cheapest one. I clicked the Php 3,999.00 option instead. 

Oh God, what have I done? 

"Making one of the best decisions in your life." 

It's true. 

I hesitated to tell my mom about joining your e-course. I told her anyway, and the first question she asked: "Is there a Certificate?"

"Oh gee, hindi ko po alam. Tatanungin ko po siya." 

Leanna, the discourage club joker, also joined the Bootcamp, and we bonded over the modules for the past 2 months (unfortunately she got off the wagon last month, after a horrible allergic reaction). That was fun! 

And the ladies at the Courage Club.... I didn't know all of them. Maybe some. A handful. And I'm grateful that I met them. Creative people are hard to come by. It's hard to relate to someone who doesn't create, and I swear I can hear crickets chirping in the background! 

Yes, you're right. It's always our choice. I chose to allow my insecurity to get in my way. I chose insecurity to belittle myself and slam my face hard on the floor, as I compared myself with the other ladies. It's not their fault. It's mine. And it's my choice to act and do something about it, even if it'll be messy, awkward and frustrating. 

And messy, awkward and frustrating... (rinse and repeat)

The past 90 days have been valuable. Best 3,999.00 I ever spent! I regret I didn't purchase the 3,999 version for the PPM (but I have my reasons... trying to wean myself from Facebook, and insufficient balance in my ATM account. But the self-study program works for me as well!) 

I really appreciate it when you take time to respond to comments/emails, even if I know there are several people you have to respond to. My love language, according to Gary Chapman, is words of affirmation.. so thank you for the encouraging words Arriane! 

When I was in 2nd yr high school, my teacher finished checking the second notebook on a pile of orange notebooks, and exclaimed to the class it was the first notebook she checked that didn't give her a headache. 

I owned the first notebook she checked. 
That traumatized me a bit, but confused me as well. My 1st year English teacher told me I wrote well. But I forgot all about that when the incident with the second teacher happened. 

Having Words of Affirmation for your love language sucks some times. haha.

I look forward to courses you'll make in the future, and when I self-publish that horror book (which I also wrote in the course of the 90 days), I'll let you know about it! It's part of the fruit of my Braver 90 days of course. 


Question: Would I recommend this course?

Only if you're willing to follow a system and see what it has to offer. You must be willing to dedicate 90 days for this online course. I admit I had my slip-ups. I didn't follow everything to detail, BUT I learned what worked for me.

Question: Gee, Php 3,999.00 sounds too much. I don't know...

There's a cheaper option available. It was less than Php 1,000.00. However, I made a last minute decision to purchase the Php 3.9K one because I wanted to meet new people.

Question: What changed in your life? 

It' simple that I never thought it was possible. I always believed in Chunking. Arriane, (in my view), uses this principle. You can have four projects in a given year. The question is, how to you execute them?

Will you work on all four projects simultaneously? Or will you complete project on one project before you go to the next one?

I used to be the person who worked on projects simultaneously. And it's not for me. I end up sad and frustrated because I haven't accomplished anything.

I discovered that the 90 day project cycle works for me! It cultivates discipline in me, and I get to practice saying "No", a lot.

Shiny new project? I can feel the urge to work on it. Oh, no. Wait. I'm still working on my 90 day project. maybe I can note what this new shiny project is. Let it incubate. Then I'll work on it again.

Arriane guides you to manage a project using a system she created. Her system isn't absolute, and she encouarges her students to continuously learn and refine their personal system.

I also discovered Spanx's Sara Blakely (whose quotes I absolutely loved!). I also connected with some Filipina bloggers, artists, creatives and entrepreneurs because of this course. When you meet new people, they somewhat influence you and change your perspective in life.

Question: I hate systems and rules on how you should approach your work, blah blah blah---

That's good! At least you know what doesn't work for you. If systems turn you off, then please, spare yourself the mental energy about criticizing about systems and find what works for you. Arriane knows her brand isn't for everyone (that's what I learned from her other course, Purposeful Personal Branding).

Just look for the approach that best suits you.

Question: What tangible result came when you joined this course?

I wrote three stories. Fanfictions, actually. No, don't look at me as I committed sin. Lol. But I write a lot. I write everyday now. If you were to sum up all my word count, I've produced rough 60,000 words.

That's from someone who was "All Talk, but No Walk."

My head is full of stories and ideas, and they remained in my head for decades. For a creative, that's depressing. You don't want an idea to be stagnant in your head.

I wanted to move on, so I decided to write the stories in my head. My fiction isn't perfect, yet it gave me the confident to write. To put myself out there.

Question: Should I give it a go?

YES!

If you have any questions about the experience, please feel free and leave a comment!

I hope my answers enlightened you if you're deciding to enroll in her online courses.

It's a great investment for your cash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...