Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Why I write random stuff

I have absolutely no idea, only that.. it feels right and easy.

Looking back though my old posts, it was so different. I went from art, to game development, to preachy-inspirational, to professional-looking blogs, to lists, to dogs... 

My entries don't make sense at all. 

I want to build a community. That's a nice dream, right? I think that's every blogger's dream. 

I have followed tons of bloggers who also preach what I'm aiming for. James Clear. Jeff Goins. Alexander Hayne, Nicolas Cole....

Majority of them preach of looking for your audience, posting lengthy entries, finding your niche, do this and not that....the list goes on and on. I reached this point of analysis by paralysis. 

There was just too much bloggers with too much advice. 

.......then Seth Godin entered the picture like The Flash.

His advice was profoundly simple: Show up Sit Down and *insert activity*, or SUSDA

Blog daily? I can't even sketch daily!

I tried his concept in April, but it panned. Then I stopped posting in May... until I re-discovered CJ Chilvers in June 2016. 

CJ Chilvers known for The Lesser Photographer. I read his work when it was still a free PDF document that you could download over tumblr. I believe he took it down and is currently selling the book. 

Apparently, CJ also dances the same groove Seth Godin does. Go to Chilver's blog and you'll see what I mean. He writes daily. His posts are short. 

Hey, I could try that. 

So I wrote daily. I wrote two entries a day: post the first one, automate the second one to post on the next day. 

The next day, I did it again. The next next day, I did it again. 

Rinse. Repeat. 

Combine SUSDA with the idea that you don't have to please every body. That nobody's even reading it. Just post. Show up. 

So I write stuff that interests me. I keep a jot down notebook for potential entries. Some sound good, some don't. But hey, it's still an idea. 

I continue to write random stuff. I know that I'll eventually discover my niche, my voice and my market.

But first, let me write daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...