Thoughts to Ponder

Give yourself the freedom to create with worries. There's a reason why the "Edit" button was created.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

How an Intern made me Walk my Talk




Ola!

I was supposed to create a 5 expression sprite of Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2. (but I do have a different output)

I wanted to see if I still I could still.... you know, draw anime/manga inspired stuff.

I do have plans of establishing a sideline of drawing character portraits for Visual Novels and Indie JRPGs. But from the looks of it, I think I still can. Though I have to admit my skills have regressed a lot.

I won't excuse myself. It looks horrible. (others might say it's decent). But yes, it looks cute and horrible. It only shows how stagnant I've become.

There's still room for improvement. It's not too late for me though.

Another reason why I decided to blog about this is because of an Intern whom I had a friendly chat with. The DSWD has this summer job for out of school youths and working students. They are assigned to the different units and projects in the department. There are about 5 Interns assigned in our floor. Since she had finished her job, she sat beside me and talked to me.

This intern is 2 years younger than I am and she's from a neighboring school way back in college. The lady's a 4th year Irregular BS IT student.  So we where chatting and chatting and chatting...when she mentioned to me how her classmates (who graduated on time) now have stable jobs.

Deciding to motivate her, I advised her to start a project. Any project. And post it online. Keep making and post them a lot. Who knows? Someone might find you and seek your services.

After I distilled that advise, I was thinking inside my head.

Shit!

Here I am, giving to a 22 year old, and I'm just sitting and talking about my golden days!

I HAVE GOT TO WALK MY TALK.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...